View Full Version : Rushing water help

03 March 2008, 04:20 PM
I have to create a comp of a wall of rushing water hitting an actor on live footage for a student film.

I was going to try using Maya's particles or fluid effects but I am relatively new to both systems. I do have a good understanding of the basics of both.

I was hoping someone might be able to get me started and point me in the right direction.

Essentially the shot consists of a 4.5 - 5 foot tall boy who is standing in a babbling brook. Suddenly from camera left (it's a side shot) a wall of rushing water hits and violently engulfs the boy. The shot ends almost immediately after the water hits.

I envision the water as more white and foamy than clear because of the fact that it is moving so quickly and violently.

Any ideas or suggestions as to how to create and render this would be greatly appreciated.


03 March 2008, 06:25 AM
Use Realflow, Its Good For This Kinda Effect. And It Also Have The Character Script Which You Can Find On Realflow Script Site.


CGTalk Moderation
03 March 2008, 06:25 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.