XM Magdalena 3D print, GGeorgy (3D)
LC #42 Pipers Alley

View Full Version : Is there a way/plug-in to render buffer export several items at once?

05-03-2003, 12:50 AM
A year or two ago, I saw a presentation on LightWave's compositing tools for character animation and visual effects, in which tools like "Surface Custom" were demonstrated using the "Buffer export" plug-in on the Generic Plug-In's menu.

A friend is studying compositing and needed some green screen to work with, etc...

The export buffer is a dandy tool that exports things like specularity and such when you render. It's peachy keen. But I have this gnaing memory at the back of my mind about there being a plug-in or way to shift select or something to render out several channels at once. Is there such a plug-in or Lscript?

05-03-2003, 01:37 AM
There are a few image filter with some options !!!

1. Photoshop PSD export
2. Render buffer export
3. Render Buffer view
4. Extended RPF Export (saved to just one rpf file)

05-03-2003, 04:57 AM
Many thanks, Robinson.

Image Filter!

Yes, that's the one. "Scene tab: Effects tab: Image Processing: and then the Image Filter plug-in "Render Buffer Export""though I can see how the other types would have a lot to offer.

RMBing the "Render Buffer Export" to get at the Properties gives me the requester, and I can load the plug-in as many times as I like to get the kind of detail (zbuffer, surface custom, specularity,...) I need.

It's so cool.

CGTalk Moderation
01-15-2006, 02:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.