View Full Version : Bed sheets

viseff
05 May 2003, 05:42 PM
So I need to make/animate a bed sheet? I have had a few suggestions from my classmates: lattice, make a soft body, blend shapes...I don't really know how to attack this? There is going to be a character getting out from underneath the covers too. Thanx in advance for the replies, cheers:beer:

gmask
05 May 2003, 07:45 PM
I suppose if you had access to Maya Unlimited you would use cloth.

Scott212
05 May 2003, 06:52 AM
If your still stuck heres my crack at it....

Make a Nurbs plane with a fairly high tessalation and turn it into a soft body. From there I would attatch springs to the soft body and then add collisions to any thing that it needs to interact with...

Anyone think this might not work?

galactor
05 May 2003, 11:15 AM
I think if there is a charater involved with it, that you can better do it by hand (lattice). It would be very hard to get the character and Maya Dynamics to work togheter.

:: Galactor ::

squidme
05 May 2003, 06:27 AM
Try playing around with this tutorial...i never tried it myself but u could make a simple wrap deformer that would be easier for your character to interact with.

http://www.blackorb.com/3dtutorials/dancing.pdf

CGTalk Moderation
01 January 2006, 02:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.