XM Magdalena 3D print, GGeorgy (3D)
LC #42 Pipers Alley

View Full Version : Please Help: Right Mouse Customization

02-15-2008, 07:33 PM
I've been trying to customize my Right Mouse Marking Menu(and Shift+RMB,Ctrl+RMB) for about two hours now.
I'm learning Maya after using 3dMax for two years, and want to set both pieces of software as much as I can to have the same Right Mouse Menu controls.
Hotkey assigned Marking Menus are ok but I personally find using your own RMB, Shift+RMB, Ctrl+RMB cutomization to give you faster access to the specific tools you use.

Any solution would be much appreciated:)

02-15-2008, 10:23 PM
for RMB you need to hijack the dagMenuProc.mel file, to do the shift+RMB you need to hijack the contextPolyToolsMM.

If you are new to .mel, I wouldn't change these files. They are failry complex. Before you edit anything make sure you copy them to your maya>scripts folder in my documents.

02-16-2008, 10:33 AM
you learn Maya after using Max for 2 years!?!?
HEY KID!! the Maya MMs are darn well build up! Seems you didn't take a deep look. Its all most convenient and context sensitive! :)

however: I hacked the dagMenuProc.mel as well. placing it to your personal scripts folder sometimes doesn't work. Some actions re-source it from the main scripts.

So what is it that you want to do? Just reorder stuff like in Max?

02-16-2008, 12:01 PM
If you are not familiar with MEL try the "Marking Menu Editor" to personalize your menu's.
But i recommend you to learn Maya's default settings. They are not bad at all!

If you customize Maya too much, you aren't able to work efficient on any other Workstation.

03-05-2008, 07:56 AM

maybe some of the stuff from these 2 threads can help you... :)

also was once a tread on Jason Schleifers forum about making an generic rmb menu/marking menu thingie... however couldn't find it... been some changes since I last was there...

hopefully some of the thingies in the 2 threads can be to some use... :)

kind regards

CGTalk Moderation
03-05-2008, 07:56 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.