Lost Adventurer, Aleks Kirilenko (3D)
LC #42 Pipers Alley

View Full Version : Help On A displayLayer Manager

02-11-2008, 10:03 PM
Hi all!
I am working on a MEL script that manages Maya's displayLayers almost the same way as Photoshop does: It creates "containers" to group displayLayers, and a control for each container to manage member displayLayers' status. Using middle mouse button you can drag and drop inside the UI to estabilish memberships. (dropping outside a container will break membership for both displayLayers and containers)

You can download the script from:
www.vb30film.com/VINCE/hdl.zip (http://www.vb30film.com/VINCE/hdl.zip)

Now, granted that the script is yet to be completed (first of all I have to write the behavior of the container controls for members), let's say it is working pretty fine.
I am experiencing, sometimes, and in someway, FATAL ERRORS when I drag and drop "too much". It is difficult to figure out when, since sometimes it is happening, sometimes not.
Anybody could help in solving it? Any advice?

Thanks in advance,

I want to remark that, since it is still a work in progress, and I know it causes errors, you should save your scene before using the script. I recommend trying it on new or test scenes.

CGTalk Moderation
02-11-2008, 10:03 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.