View Full Version : Orienting an object as a particle (cars)

NewETown
02 February 2008, 09:51 PM
Hey everyone. I'm trying to make cars go along a street but I can't seem to get them to face the right direction. I am new to particles, only been messing with them for about 4 day, and I'm about three weeks into Max. Here is what I have so far, the triangles are going to be replaced with cars too, I just used them as placeholders.

http://i88.photobucket.com/albums/k182/NewETown/carShot.jpg

I have messed with the "user defined" attribute but it doesn't seem to do anything, any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Everett

Glacierise
02 February 2008, 05:49 PM
I assume you are using pflow? Use the rotation operator. It also has a 'speed space follow' feature that you might find handy ;)

NewETown
02 February 2008, 08:33 AM
Hey Glacierise thanks for the response, I was using a SuperSpray (because I didn't know any better). I spent yesterday and today learning PFlow and now everything's all happy and working! Pflow is scary at first, but really nice after you get into it.

CGTalk Moderation
02 February 2008, 08:33 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.