View Full Version : Motion dynamics

borisgoreta2000
01 January 2008, 02:25 PM
Here is a simple scene with a chain of bones driven by motion dynamics. How can I make bones target each other to form a rope ? I know this can be done easy way, no expressions.

Boris

Ulven
01 January 2008, 03:35 PM
Well I don't know so much about the motion dynamics but both muscle bones and flexmotion will do the trick. Looks like the springs only affect position.

MikeBuckland
01 January 2008, 04:46 PM
Hey Boris!
How are you doing?
Ulven is right, you should just replace your bone hierarchy with nulls, then parent a muscle bone to each one, and each muscle bone must target the next null in the chain.
Cheers,
Mike

borisgoreta2000
01 January 2008, 05:37 PM
Thanks for the tips but I am allways for the simplest of solutions. What the heck does rotation stands for under the springs tab (see attached image) ?

Hi Mike, please PM me with your working e-mail address, I want to send you some cute pics of my baby. I simply have to !

Cheers ! :)

Ulven
01 January 2008, 07:32 PM
Ok.... now this is about the most obscure thing I've ever seen..
Ok, Click your MotionDynamics and click on the springs tab.
Go through and uncheck X and Y pos on each bone.
Watch in awe as all of a sudden the thing rotates instead of moving into position.
Errrrr. Just don't ask me why.

kursad_pileksuz
02 February 2008, 03:30 AM
By default, translation is enabled for all bones. Select all the bones under springs window and click translation off. That disables translation. Afterwards bones should just have rotation.

MikeBuckland
02 February 2008, 06:06 AM
That's cool! I didnt know that.

CGTalk Moderation
02 February 2008, 06:06 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.