View Full Version : Yamaha Electone B-405
01 January 2008, 03:17 PM
I want to model my Yamaha Electone B-405 electronic organ (year 1982).
For reference here's a photograph of the original
Not a really well-lighted photograph, but I think it's ok as a quick reference of what I'm talking about.
And here is my progress so far:
http://img238.imageshack.us/img238/5130/e022tr8.th.jpg (http://img238.imageshack.us/my.php?image=e022tr8.jpg)http://img158.imageshack.us/img158/8020/e021ui4.th.jpg (http://img158.imageshack.us/my.php?image=e021ui4.jpg)
And a wireframe shot:
Since I've only a plenty of time for this I won't remove a lot of unneeded polygons/edges/vertices. Polygons also don't really matter because it's not really part of something larger. So I'm not gonna waste time for this. :D
Textures are also not final, at the moment just for reference.
02 February 2008, 12:00 AM
Added a few more panels:
02 February 2008, 12:57 AM
At had some time to add the first controls. I've also played around with another wood texture:
http://img144.imageshack.us/img144/9340/e071xi7.th.jpg (http://img144.imageshack.us/my.php?image=e071xi7.jpg)http://img150.imageshack.us/img150/8213/e072tx8.th.jpg (http://img150.imageshack.us/my.php?image=e072tx8.jpg)
02 February 2008, 09:00 AM
...and the materials (textures) are coming along well. One thing that concerns me is that the keys don't seem to be as long as they are in your photograph. Do you still have the organ, to take some quick critical measurements on?
Otherwise, it does look great! Keep at it!
02 February 2008, 01:19 PM
I've used a sliding calliper and a measuring tape to get the exact dimensions, so everything should be fine.
However, I'll take some photographs when I've a plenty of time.
02 February 2008, 09:53 PM
Hey, very nice model you are building. Looks real from the renders.
Slightly less reflection on the black notes and slightly less on the wood may do it more wonders.
02 February 2008, 07:43 PM
The upper manual panel is almost done. Only die power switch and volume control needs to be added.
I've also included a flashlight-like render in my images:
02 February 2008, 09:02 PM
My parent's had one of those in the 80s, or at least a very close model... I can vouch for it being a good intepretation! The wood/laminate texture is coming along very well.
02 February 2008, 09:18 PM
They keys, buttons, and switches all look amazing. Great work on the materials so far, and I'm certain the label textures will be wonderful too. Keep at it!
02 February 2008, 06:11 AM
Next update, most buttons are done:
02 February 2008, 11:53 PM
All controls are done. This means the modelling of the upper part is done. I just need to add the lower pedals. After this, main work is the fabric texture and the adjustment of the existing shaders/textures.
I've also changed the lighting from HDRI-lit the physical correct lighting. I've created a room with two windows and 2 portal lights in it. The outside is a physical sun/sky. I've used true light intensity values to get a HDR render. I've used a mia_photographic_exposure lens shader to sample it down.
02 February 2008, 11:53 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.