LC #42 Pipers Alley

View Full Version : Void Dragon

01-22-2008, 06:57 PM
Renders ( ( ( ( ( (

Wires ( ( ( (

Hi folks - this is an imagining of the Void Dragon, a big-assed monster in the WH40k Universe.
It weighs in at around 23k polys for the creature, and around 7k for the dias/city.
The Dragon uses 1024x3 and the city a single 1024. I'll post some textures as soon as I get them watermarked, and discuss the ideas/inspirations during the design process.

Comments/Crits welcome.

Cheers, JP.

01-22-2008, 10:46 PM
The modeling looks good, but I feel like it needs a little more color:shrug:

I tried to look up this guy and didnt find any thing could we what it looks like?

good work though

01-22-2008, 11:34 PM
the dragon is the missong c'tan guy thing look up the necron gods and ull find him..

very epic man. i like the idea for the diorama. i think less than adding colour to him you might want to do something about the backdrop. something to make him stand out from his background

like that fellah

nicely done

01-23-2008, 04:29 AM
Fantastic model and great texture overall though I agree with the others that some color contrast would be good either on the creature or on the buildings or something. It's a bit too monochromatic.

01-24-2008, 05:47 PM
Thanks for the comments guys. I was initially going to put traceries of gold along the skin, sort of highlighting where the 'veins' would be on it. But as I researched these creatures, I found that they really are supposed to be monochromatic - they are massive lumps of homogenous living metal.

Theres a gold one called the Deceiver that looks llike a naked devil, and a steel one that looks like the Grim Reaper.

I guess the colour variance will come from the FX I'm going to add - greenish lightning and pale blue glows around the city, and bright orange for the flames/eyes.

But yeah - I know what you guys mean! :)

01-26-2008, 11:48 PM
Very cool. It should look good once there's a bit more color variation.

01-27-2008, 12:04 AM
Très cool. Reminds me a lot of Geiger--which would mean, don't add that colour!

I love how you've done so much with such a relatively simple model. (Simple compared to the render, that is.)

- Le Messor
EVIL: "Oh Benson, dear Benson . . . you are so mercifully free of the ravages of intelligence." - Time Bandits

CGTalk Moderation
01-27-2008, 12:04 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.