XM Magdalena 3D print, GGeorgy (3D)
LC #42 Pipers Alley

View Full Version : Problem animating a Plane Surface

01-21-2008, 07:03 PM
I have a very specific doubt.

I have two identical surfaces, one above the other both with a small distance between them and waving (With deformers) paralels in the Y axis.

What I'm trying to create is a perpendicular union between the two surfaces with another plane. Just to see it as a mesh making the movement (All the different surfaces waving together)
This plane should follow the movement of the others, It must be articulated by them.
I dunno how to achieve that. If a surface is able to follow the movement of another ones.

In other way I would have to make the same movement in the plane with new transoformes and then combine it with the others, but it seems to be a very difficult and tedious work.

Any advice? I can put some pictures if the idea isn't totally clear.

01-22-2008, 08:18 AM
are you using nurbs surfaces ? if yes a solution is by lofting the edge isoparms correspondingly to create the side surfaces then they will keep their history -> they will keep up with the animation, for polygonal surfaces the same trick works but instead of isoparms you have to do the same on edge basis

CGTalk Moderation
01-22-2008, 08:18 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.