View Full Version : Valkiry

Opeth
04 April 2003, 11:32 PM
Hi!
this is a drawing i did on the inner side of my bedroom door.
i know the quality is lousey, but thats all i got right now :\
let me know if u got any crits etc. before i spray it with fixative spray please :)
oh & another question, i've been asked alot & i never quite know what to say, but how much should i take for something like this?
(on the door, on the wall.. whatever)

http://www.davids-gallery.com/Valkiry3.jpg

Man
04 April 2003, 12:15 AM
(damn ur good!!!dude....first of all.....that's one of the ten greatest drawings i've ever saw (i know it's a bit too much) she deserves legs....i can only think of a big black gothic skirt.....second: you have to make a 3d model:D (someone have to do it)...and third n last :if it was me..i would charge 300 bucks....i mean....when i used to paint i charged like 100 bucks for each painting (i live in brazil so it's not that much - but it's a lot!) and they were smaller...so..that's it....she doesn't need any changes and u should take a better shot, so it can go to the gallerie...seriously man....awesome - front page work!!

earthworm
04 April 2003, 01:30 AM
COOOL... love her weapon and the shoulder armour. what medium did you use to draw on the door by the way?

Jaedin
04 April 2003, 03:17 AM
How much is the door worth? Instead of painting over it you should take it off the hinges and sell it and then buy a new door.:airguitar

AlteredState
04 April 2003, 05:39 AM
Very badass. I'm curious what you used also. Picture looks a bit monochromatic.

Those are some big-ass hands for such a sweet faced girl...

secretasianman
04 April 2003, 07:09 AM
:drool: wow i love the style, but now.
the face looks a little out of place with all the other detail, but i still think it faukin rocks.

richd
04 April 2003, 10:37 AM
wow, that's the greatest door art i've ever seen in my life. well i haven't seen many door arts but its still great. and great job on the details and nice design. how many years did this take? jk maybe months. :thumbsup:

Opeth
04 April 2003, 11:43 AM
Thanks for the comments ppl :)
AlteredState & earthworm & everyone else who was wondering, i drew this with a HB pencil.. i'm not sure how its called in english, but one of those pencils u put a 0.5 lead in & click on the top to push the lead out.. mechanical pencil maybe? anyway, i used that.

& about the time it took me, its very very hard to tell.
i started it about 7 months ago, did all the outlines in a few hours.
then i didn't touch it for about 3 months (i wasn't home alot because of the army).
then i started filling it in, a few hours - again.
then again i didn't touch it for 4 months (army again).
& a few days ago i came back home & decided to finnish it :)
i'd say overall of about 8 hours.. maybe a little less.

oh, & the lack of proportions is intentional.
little girl, big armor.. just decided to try it out for once after drawing all the big dudes in even bigger armor..

richd
04 April 2003, 11:55 AM
wow man, 8 hours :eek: obviously as stated by my ignorant comment it woulda a took me a lifetime to complete this. you get a lot of props man.

Opeth
04 April 2003, 01:26 PM
Hey, i decided to post a better pic & a picture of me next to the drawing to show the size of it.. i'm 175cm tall, just take it into consideration :)

http://www.davids-gallery.com/ValkiryCLSP.jpg

http://www.davids-gallery.com/Valkiry&me.jpg

Dark-Angel
04 April 2003, 02:18 PM
Thats wake :eek: , nice stuff. but i wonder, how the hell do you fight with that kind of weapon? i see it more like a much more danerous weapon to your self then to others :D but good stuff man :thumbsup:

linzi
04 April 2003, 02:59 PM
Really nice pic. Only problem I'm having with it is that the arms look kinda like battering rams and as such are positioned oddly.

I edited your scan a little so that the shadow doesn't take away from the full glory of your pic. Sorry if the edit is a little bright.

http://homepage.ntlworld.com/irene.mcgough/images/ValkiryCLSP.jpg

CGTalk Moderation
01 January 2006, 12:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.