View Full Version : Resource scripts issue

Greken
12 December 2007, 06:57 PM
Hi everything

I'm writing my first complex program inside Maya where I can't hold everything inside one file anymore. This whole project involve both Python and MEL. My current setup on my Mac is that I added the script path for my project to the env-file for Maya.
When I make changes in the MEL-files I have no problem to run the rehash-command and then source <mainfile>.
However this won't work when I update the Python-files for the project. Inside my mainfile that I reload I have a python-command that imports a python file that imports the rest of the files. The only solution right now is to restart Maya, which isn't quite fun in the long run.
I haven't found that much info yet on this kind of mixing the script languages either on Internet. I have run through the manual but I couldn't find a clever answer there. Has anyone else encoutered this before?

Cheers, and Merry Christmas everyone :)

zanarkand
12 December 2007, 11:40 PM
I believe the command you're looking for is "reload"
After you've imported your module once, reload will make python "import" your script again.

import myModule
reload (myModule)

Greken
12 December 2007, 04:34 PM
Hey

Thanks a lot for the tip. This seems to work for most of the time. However I still get some funny errors sometimes, so I'm trying to nail down what it could be. In your exemple you simply imported an module. I'm not a good Python user yet, so I have to write:
from myCreatedModule import *
To make my scripts work. Could that be a drawback when you use this reload-thing?

CGTalk Moderation
12 December 2007, 04:34 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.