XM Magdalena 3D print, GGeorgy (3D)
LC #42 Pipers Alley

View Full Version : Character : Flying Bison

12-18-2007, 05:05 AM
I decided to make a model to get back into the swing of things. This is a model of Appa from Avatar : The Last Airbender. He's a 2 ton flying bison. I'm using xbox360 limitations for the model, so it's under 10k, and really I could cut out quite a bit if I simplified the teeth. Usually the avatar games don't appear particularly high poly, so if it's a little more I doubt it would be a big deal.

Here are the wires

And here is the WIP texture for it. I'm using the old school setup for my unwrap with mirrored UVs. I figure in an application like this, the model would probably be flat shaded with some sort of toon shader applied.

Comments and critiques welcome. I'm warming up to work on my portfolio so any feedback is welcome.

12-18-2007, 10:48 AM
It's cute and yes, you could definitely reduce the teeth a lot. Unless you're going to be really close to them teeth, I'd say model them as beveled boxes :)

CGTalk Moderation
12-18-2007, 10:48 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.