View Full Version : evil character, dramatic amtosphere

04-21-2003, 09:21 AM
this is one of a series of digital paintings for the visual development of a 3d feature film where I'm working.
Posted with permission of the producer:
auriga (
you can find more of the art of the movie in the link of auriga films
And some of my style (still too brief) in my personal web in development: (

04-23-2003, 06:46 AM

I love the feel of this piece. There's mystery, oddity, strangeness, and intrigue here. Great use of color to add to the pic's mood in the form of psuedo lighting.

I noticed that the character has a crescent shaped hood(?) And the front half of the crescent seems to come up at an odd angle in front of the his/her face. . .Maybe a different hood design would be less distracting. . . or maybe reposition it?

Also, I thnk it would help to show the left hand, or at least show the left wrist extending out from the folds of his/her robe. Sometimes things that are missing can be as distracting as those that are unnecessarily present.

Great concept, interesting character, and moody ambience!! :love:

KEEP IT COMIN'!!!!!!!!!!! :wip:

04-23-2003, 02:01 PM
Incredible! The athmosphere and light are really cool!

I wished i could see just a hint of the shape of his face though. Or then again maybe that's the mystery.

04-23-2003, 05:54 PM
its not a hood is it???

I thought it was a dracula-esque collar,

like the really pointy ones that stick out, I may be totally on the wrong track

love the style I'd like to see an aninmation in all that style

04-24-2003, 06:12 PM
thank you, Caron, Erik2003 & Hamsterhead for all your comments. I agree with you that the face is not clear enough; he-she has a sort of mask too odd to be explained in the drawing. Of course, that's not good.
But I feel happy becouse it is the very first time that somebody replies my post. Thank you guys again!

04-24-2003, 11:03 PM
Did you edit the pic?

I'm sorry to be contradicting but i liked it better before... or maybe i just need to sleep.

04-25-2003, 12:37 AM
It makes me think of the brain suckers in D&D..but even more spooky!

04-25-2003, 08:53 AM
Thecrow: do you mean Dungeons&Dragons? I'm not updated enough to guess what D&D could be. But thank you anyway.
Erik, the pic has always been the same....

CGTalk Moderation
01-14-2006, 11:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.