View Full Version : Paint weight toll dont work

leoleal
12 December 2007, 02:48 PM
I've just smooth binded a character but i'm having some problem with it, the ear and the chick are deforming when i move the arms, i tried using the paint weight tool to fix the problem. but when i correct the problem of one bone the other bone changes, i tried flood a bone but when i go to next bone and fix it, the one that i already fixed changes again. I even tried using the component editor but it gave me the same problem, when i change a bone to 0 the other bones automatically changes it values.
Please if someone knows what it is happening, let me know
Thank you very much
Leo Leal

GrogMcGee
12 December 2007, 04:55 PM
A vert must have an influence value equaling 1.0. So, when you lower or increase the value on a given vert all other influencing bones are reduced or increased to maintain a value of 1.0. You could try using hold weights on other bones so that the influence doesn't change. However, I would suggest. Manually painting the whole mesh following this method:

Flood the whole mesh to a value of 1 from the root joint.
Move outward bone by bone replacing and adding with values less than 1.

Don't use scale and avoid using smooth early on.

CGTalk Moderation
12 December 2007, 04:55 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.