XM Magdalena 3D print, GGeorgy (3D)
LC #42 Pipers Alley

View Full Version : Frustrated(UPDATE)

12-11-2007, 07:02 PM
Well, It's been a little while since I posted this one, but I've made a lot of changes to it. First, i put him in the middle of a walk cycle when the animation starts so he doesn't look stiff and lifeless.

I also tried different things to push his expressions, and one of the things I did, was scrap the second pull of the door. I replaced it with him trying to push it open with his shoulder. This way it seems less staged and calculated. In reality, if pulling didn't work, you'd try to push.

I added much more facial expressions and made sure no part of his body was frozen in time at any point. One critique I got was that when he slips off the door from pulling, we only know he's going to do it because it's logical. So I tried to add him hitting himself in the face with one arm which serves as a waypoint to the rest of the body to follow.

Lastly, after he regains his balance, I tried to add a small head shake to get more of the "gotta get my balance and retry this" kind of pose.

Hopefully these changes turn out to be for the much better.

CGTalk Moderation
12-11-2007, 07:02 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.