View Full Version : Under what to parent deformer?

spacerweb
11 November 2007, 10:13 AM
Ok, i'm still trying to make a good rig for a magazine, and until this point i worked out pretty much, but there are still some issues! One of them is that i rigged it with a spline ik and then i clustered the cv's on curve for a better control. After that i've put a lattice on low poly to get some twisting and squashing deformations, and atop of that lattice i'm placing some bend deformers.
I figured out that i should parent bend deformer under lattice on which it's applied, but i'm having a problem under what to parrent lattice, since i need to put all rig in one group for movement control of it, and when i parrent lattice under the same group where everything else is, i get something like double transformations!?
Can someone point me to right directions, since this is not a unique problem, i guess eveybody could benefit from answering this cause it's natural to have a lot deformers on a object.
Obliously i could do all of this using blendshapes (make separate blendshape for each page), but let's try to figure out this in this way!

anthonymcgrath
11 November 2007, 03:13 PM
is your skin bound to a mesh? I only ask as you talk about an ikspline so I'm guessing you have spine joints in there?

If so adding a lattice will always add double transformations to the skin as the joints moving are moving the mesh then the lattice movement is adding on top of that.

CGTalk Moderation
11 November 2007, 03:13 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.