XM Magdalena 3D print, GGeorgy (3D)
LC #42 Pipers Alley

View Full Version : My Reel

11-19-2007, 07:02 PM
I know you guys get a lot of this but, can you please take a look at my reel and tell me what you think. I have been a flame artist for about 10 years. Most of that time was spent with smaller post houses in the middle states (Texas and Louisiana) I am going to be moving out to LA in the spring and would like to know if my reel is good enough. I will be trying to get compositing jobs (ie. flame, shake and fusion) and move into VFX stuff (like fluids/particles in Maya). I did all the 3D on the first and last shots. Thanks for taking the time to watch it and any thoughts would be great.

(its about 40mb so it might take a minute or two)

11-20-2007, 05:45 PM
I dont know anything about VFX but it looks nice. Nice animation too. I like the comp stuff I think more fluid stuff. I was really expecting more of an impact on the first shot though, I think you might need some more smoke maybe even effect the camera to show the shock. Some kind of explosion would make it more believable.

CGTalk Moderation
11-20-2007, 05:45 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.