XM Magdalena 3D print, GGeorgy (3D)
LC #42 Pipers Alley

View Full Version : snake skeleton issue. Urgent.

11-19-2007, 04:46 PM
Hi everybody,
Im new with skeletons and I have a problem, (and a deadline problem as well)
I have a snake with skeleton and a IK spline handle. I have draw a path and then I have attached the curve spline to the motion path. and add "flow path objetc" to add a lattice deformer around the curve.
The problem is: the skeleton seems to twist in some moments so the model flips around it.
I have try playing around with some values like limit rotacion with not succes at all.
Can anyone help me on this?
Thanks a lot in advance.

11-20-2007, 02:45 AM
Um... How big are the gaps in between your bones? Maybe it's too big for the turns on your curve? It's hard to pin point the problem without seeing it...

11-20-2007, 09:31 AM
to me it sounds as if you re having an up-vector evaluation problem... from your description though I have no idea if it s the SplineIK or the motion path that s causing it...
On the SplineIk what you have to edit is in the Advanvced Twist Controlls to define the way it evaluates it's Up direction, on the Motion Path it s in the attributes, try putting it on Follow and adjust your WorldUp setting to what you prefer / need.

11-21-2007, 11:05 AM
If you can't solve the flow path object flipping issue while using the spline ik curve, you might want to consider doing a flow path object on the actual geometry itself. (if it's just one shot).

Detatch the snake skin, attatch the actual model to a motion path and do a flow path object.

CGTalk Moderation
11-21-2007, 11:05 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.