LC #42 Pipers Alley

View Full Version : : : facelifted my webportfolio : :- crits please

04-11-2002, 10:50 PM
I was going for 'ultra simplicity'

The only known issue I have is to make it so the links for details open in a new window (especially in the website section, gaawd what a hassle) and small pixel issues.

also, I got TONS of new drawings to still add.. check back if you find the work interesting.

Im thinking about making my name in all caps to contrast the 'all lowercase' theme on the site, thoughts?

thanks for your time!

04-12-2002, 06:00 PM
Hey, lot a fun sketch :) Lot of live in it... really love these :) Colour it :)

04-14-2002, 09:19 PM
I like the design. Clean. Couple of thoughts though.
1 It gets a little cofusing navigating with all the buttons moving around on different screens, i think they should stay in one spot maybe.
2 You want to build a site that is easily expandable (add more images etc) without too much hassle
3 I love abstract sites and non-standard buttons (just take a look at my site lol ) but some of your pages have buttons that are a bit too anonymous, maybe just turn them into rollovers or something.

Other than that i really like your style. Very refreshing and new.
mmm, maybe one more thing: "web surfing" (awful phrase) can be pretty banal as we all know, searching, browsing, searching, and you see a lot of random sites along the way....there's a crucial question you need to ask yourself...Are people going to remember my site? You have to make an impact on people or they wont come back. I dont mean you need to have crazy colours and lurid designs, I love the minimal (hell yeah) but you need to leave an impression on people that will last well after they leave the computer.
I always do a few designs and get friends to navigate through them, test them out you know? Anyway, thats my two cents, hope this helps you, and doesn't piss you off lol :thumbsup:

04-17-2002, 01:52 AM
thanks for the input guys!

yes, i need to make the navgation bar locked to the pixel when switching pages

I hear ya on the impact value (making people remember the site) and making the navigation a bit more interesting, a few thoughts on that though: Its not so much that I want people to remember my site, per say, but more the *content* on the site. I didnt want to webpage to compete with what it was presenting. I will look into your suggestion though.

piss me off? heeall no.. critiques are a great way to pry open the mind.

(cant checkout your site now.. tryin to run out the door.. but i will!)

CGTalk Moderation
01-13-2006, 05:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.