View Full Version : Animation Acting Challenge #13: Progress Thread: November 3 - November 28
11-03-2007, 05:37 PM
The winners of the Animation Acting Challenge #12 are...
See entries here (http://forums.cgsociety.org/showthread.php?f=135&t=554904).
Animation Acting Challenge #12
There are two topics to choose from
1. Waiter serving food. (Make it interesting! Waiter drops dishes? Serves wrong order? Receives a BIG tip and has a strong reaction?)
2. Audio Clip from Nacho Libre
Nacho: "Get that corn outta my face!"
Please Read me!
- Have fun animating!
- Use any rig and any animation software you like.
- Animate with any medium (3D, 2D, or stop-motion)
- You're open (and encouraged) to post your progress here if you'd like any comments and critiques.
- No time/frame restriction on the animation. Just remember that the more complex it is the longer it will take to finish. Make it by the due date!
- You can do both topics if you have the time. Either separately or as one animation if possible.
- You may add time before and after the audio clip, but please do not change the timing of the audio.
- A separate final submission thread will be created. Post your final animation there. I'll make the thread a few days before the deadline.
- Textures and lighting are optional. Playblasts are acceptable. Just make the acting clear and easy to see.
- Use any resolution and aspect ratio... but keep the file size manageable. As for codecs, preferably one that's common like quicktime or windows media. My recommendation would be Quicktime.
- When posting for final entry please state which topic you are animating.
- Adding music is optional, just don't make it distracting.
We'll do this for about a month (November 3rd - November 29th). Then we'll vote (November 29th - November 30st). We'll vote for the best animations AND suggest topics for the next challenge in that time.
Feel free to ask questions about the challenge. We're still looking to improve how the challenge is conducted, we're open to suggestions.
-Don't know where to upload your final animation or WIP? I recommend using www.vimeo.com. Free to register. You get to watch a streaming flash video and if you're registered, users can also download the original video source.
-The audio can also be set to mono instead of stereo, that may help keep the file size down.
-Please consider people from other countries that have certain websites filtered out. If you have webspace it would be nice to upload there to along with any streaming flash websites, at least for your final animation. I don't want anyone to miss out on the work you've done.
11-14-2007, 06:29 PM
Two weeks and no posts? C'mon guys I need some inspiration to get some ideas rolling.
Or maybe I should just go for an easy win lol,:thumbsup: .
11-14-2007, 06:37 PM
Sorry guys, been a bit busy to put some time for the front page plug. Hence the number of views for this. I just need to remind everyone that this challenge will start at the beginning of every month and not wait for the front page plug. Even now it's at a point where should I even put a plug even though there's 2 weeks left? :shrug:
11-17-2007, 09:23 AM
Hi, I think the non-audio topic is a great, it is quite challenging, come on guys..........:bounce:
11-19-2007, 03:06 PM
I Think that I will finally give this a try. I should have been thinking of something from the very beginning.
Better Late, then never. I have to go to work this afternoon, but I will try to come up with a game plan, and begin this evening.
11-19-2007, 04:22 PM
turkey week, so i will have some time to animate a lil' bit. I'm not really feelin' this challenge too much...the audio file isn't all that and the waiter thing is kinda like 'eh. I think thats what is gonna make it challenging for me though. some jim carey audio clips would be nice...like from liar liar where he is in the board room basing on everyone....that would be sick. :thumbsup:
good luck !
11-19-2007, 08:44 PM
Hey all, Just to say...sorry but i wont be entering anything this month. Ive just got all this University stuff to do by the beginning of December...which isnt fun cos thats when my Birthday is!!
But an idea for anyone is...Well..Waiter? Corn? surely these two option audio and non audio should be the same animation lol just one without the sound? no?
well anyways good luck. and i will be definatly animating one for the december challenge. This monkey should be off my back then.
Good luck all
11-24-2007, 02:13 PM
I guess I was a little underestimating how long this was going to take me so I don't actually think that I will make the deadline.
I can't wait to hear what the topic are going to be next month. I will start that one earlyer.
11-29-2007, 11:02 AM
Done in 2 hours! :applause:
12-03-2007, 11:32 AM
I thought i already late to participate in this challenge.
This is already pass the deadline, or is it extended ?
12-03-2007, 08:50 PM
Hey guys, thanks for vote my animation!
In this month I am really busy... sorry guys..
thanks a lot.
I'm really sorry, this is a really busy period, unfortunately I couldn't prepare nothing for this challenge, hope for the next :)
good luck to all!
12-06-2007, 06:11 PM
lol, I guess a lot of people have been very busy this time of year huh? I apologize for not having been around for the animation challenge. For the month of December I'm just going to have a month of suggestions for audio and non-audio topics. So take it easy this month, do some shopping for the holidays (political correctness: :rolleyes: ) Look for a new thread for this.
Starting the new year we'll bring back the animation acting challenge :)
Thanks nima-raufi for getting that animation done!
Topic Suggestion thread (http://forums.cgsociety.org/showthread.php?f=135&t=569870)
12-06-2007, 06:11 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.