View Full Version : nCloth Constraints

Aikiman
10 October 2007, 04:00 AM
Damn I cant get the slide constraint to work because I dont know what to animate. I tried animating the constraint but that doesnt work and it seems stupid to animate the nCloth translate because that would make the constraint redundant, wouldnt it?

HowardM
10 October 2007, 11:06 AM
I thought it works like any other nConstraint but it is 'loose' and can slide along the surface.... but im sure duncan will chime in with his infinite wisdom soon ;)

Duncan
10 October 2007, 04:34 PM
The slide on surface simply acts as a constraint that allows the surface attachment point to slide... you don't keyframe the slide(if that's what you are thinking of), it is simply a degree of freedom. You could create a second transform constraint on the cloth to pull it in some direction.

If you wish to keyframe a specific moving uv position on the surface, you could instead first create a follicle attached to the surface using the script available here:

http://area.autodesk.com/index.php/blogs_duncan/blog_detail/parent_to_surface_script/

Then parent a transform constraint to this follicle(if you want to affect some cloth cvs). The follicle uv could then be keyframed to define specific motion across the surface( for a zipper, for example ).

Duncan

Aikiman
10 October 2007, 09:53 PM
ahh thankyou Duncan, I see how it works now so effectively it responds to forces ie gravity. Yes I was trying to component select the constraint itself and animate that. Thats great, the follicle idea is a nice touch also.

CGTalk Moderation
10 October 2007, 09:53 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.