LC #42 Pipers Alley

View Full Version : Simple Bouncing Ball Test (please critique)

10-07-2007, 09:35 PM
This my first bouncing ball test and I would like to get some constructive crits. Thanks!

Bouncing Ball Test (mov) (

10-07-2007, 10:47 PM
coming along pretty good man, at the end of it, when the ball hits the wall and lands again, I would add some more smaller bounces and get it to roll back a bit more, it seems to get heavy all of a sudden and just stops

I would also add in some more squash and stretch into it, you've got some squash on the main landings, but add some stretch as it takes back off, etc

10-07-2007, 11:12 PM

I'm concerned about making it look too cartoonish but, I'll try adding some stretch effects. I agree about the ending, that was the hard part :). It does seem to lose a bit of energy too quickly...

10-08-2007, 06:56 AM
you're very welcome :)

As for not wanting it to be to cartoony, you don't need to add much stretch to get the 'feel' of it there, just a little bit, experiment with it a bit :)

to figure out the ending, try lightly tossing a ball at a wall and see how it reacts!

10-09-2007, 02:11 AM
I'll make some adjustments. Actually, I'm hoping to make this thing continuously grow in size. Kind of like an animated history of skill-building where each addition has the ball encountering different scenarios. We'll see...

I do other things so, there won't be daily updates but I do intend to keep at it. I really want to take the "bouncing ball" scene as far as I can.

CGTalk Moderation
10-09-2007, 02:11 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.