View Full Version : My 2nd Demo Reel

justinwyatt
09 September 2007, 11:25 PM
This is my 2nd Demo Reel upon graduating with a Bachelor's Degree in Computer Animation.

http://www.wyatt3d.com/demo.htm

YOUTUBE version:
(much detail is lost in this version)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O70__6R6l_o

Currently seeking employment.

www.wyatt3d.com

Abazaba
10 October 2007, 08:40 PM
Very nice stuff Mr Wyatt. The Dirt bike shot was awesome, the molten mask reveal was sweet. Two crits from me;

Sam Jackson was a little off. I think its the brow line. Looked a little flat,

The car shot (while modeled and textured great) was a little dark. Especially the interior shot.

One other small thing. The way you introed the biker was great, but you didint do anything for the other two. I had it in my mind to see how you were going to intro them, but ya didnt.

All these are small things; your modeling and texturing looked too sweet.

Cheers

justinwyatt
10 October 2007, 05:42 PM
Thanks Matt. I appreciate your comments. It looks like you graduated from the same school that I just graduated from. Congratulations on the job at Pendulum, man.

FrizzleFry0
10 October 2007, 10:35 PM
Great work with your reel Justin. I have a few crits as well. The dirt texture on the environment with the biker seems a little bit too "muddy." Maybe you could add some real fine noise to the bump, displacement, or spec map to bring in a finer grain look. I agree wit h Matt's crit on SLJ's brow area. I actually don't think your car interior is necassarily too dark, but seems like it lacks some of the highlights and sheen you would expect to see on a nice clean interior, especially when you see how beautiful that paint job is. Real nice work overall. :thumbsup: Good luck with the job search.

justinwyatt
10 October 2007, 06:54 PM
Thanks Jared. I really appreciate your help and Jeremy's help. The DRC lab staff is definitely the best in the Computer Animation program at Full Sail. Thanks for the comments.

CGTalk Moderation
10 October 2007, 06:54 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.