View Full Version : Texture map in final render

AaronJG
09 September 2007, 10:58 PM
Hi everyone, I'm pretty new at this and I have a question about the way my texture maps are rendering.

The problem: My Textures are made of many stacked screens that show a lot of minute detail - the detail of the texture isn't rendering clearly - it looks low-res.

My maps: I'm using png files that are 300dpi - basically 1800 x 600 px in dimension.
the textures look crisp in the viewport when hardware texturing is turned on. I am rendering using mental ray with very high quality settings. I'm mapping them on polygonal surfaces using phong E material.

Does anyone know what could be causing this or what i could do to fix this problem? Is there a setting i need to adjust or a different method of mapping my textures?
Thanks for your time. Any help is greatly appreciated! (and necessary because of a deadline tomorrow). Thanks!

DrYo
09 September 2007, 12:17 AM
What exactly is the problem?

Did you try different types of texture filtering? You'll find that at the very top of the Attribute Editor for the file node.

AaronJG
09 September 2007, 02:21 PM
no i haven't tried the texture filter - but i'm about to. thanks!
oh, and the problem is that the textures are rendering low-res and they aren't low-res files.

CGTalk Moderation
09 September 2007, 02:21 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.