View Full Version : mirroring a componant selection

sedric
04 April 2003, 05:36 PM
hey all, one small question,

how would i mirror a componant selection (like a vertex and a face) . assuming the model was symetrical and at 0,0,0?

thanks in advance,

sedric

Gemini
04 April 2003, 05:56 PM
i'm not sure if this is what you are looking for, but there is the duplicate face tool, that if you just set the scale to -1 you will get a mirror, though i am not sure what pivot point it will mirror around. i have never really used it, but seems like it may help you.

hope that helps

alexx
04 April 2003, 08:41 PM
for any selection you do, you can set the scale center to wherever you want (insert).. and then you can negative scale as used to

cheers

alexx

tymznd
04 April 2003, 11:21 PM
There is a script on highend that does it with nurbs, but I believe that the object itself has to literally be symetrical....

If your interested in writing something that will do it I can send you some code that I am using to transfer point selection across the X axis for subD surfaces. I am sure that with some small modifications it would work for anything... It works on worldspace coords. charles@tymznd.com

oh yeah, I also have some code written in TCL for a different app. The logic is there... just need to change the syntax, bla bla

CGTalk Moderation
01 January 2006, 08:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.