View Full Version : show poly objects and joint nodes in the hypergraph window?

Newsquirt
08 August 2007, 06:24 PM
Hi Im wondering if there is a script out there or if someone knows of how to have a script that will just show/poly object and joints nodes in the hypergraph?

thanks

Sphere♥
08 August 2007, 08:29 PM
I think something like this should do it, but it's an implicit view filter so the user can't easily reset the filter:
{
HypergraphHierarchyWindow;
string $filter = `itemFilter -union DefaultPolygonObjectsFilter DefaultJointsFilter`;
filterUISetImplicitFilter hyperGraphPanel1HyperGraphEd $filter;
}To reset the view filter:filterUIRemoveView hyperGraphPanel1HyperGraphEd;

Newsquirt
08 August 2007, 08:37 PM
hey Sphere! Thanks, but it's not working for me in Maya 7. I appreciate u taking the time though.

Sphere♥
08 August 2007, 07:21 PM
Yes, HypergraphHierarchyWindow is a Maya 8.5 command (there is HypergraphWindow in Maya 7), but are you saying filterUISetImplicitFilter does not work?

It wasn't meant to be a complete solution, just a method (as per your question) with a simple example. As you may already know filterUISetImplicitFilter and filterUIRemoveView are for scripting and are defined in scripts/others/filterUI.mel. Not sure what the intention for your script is, but I assume it's not simply to filter since that can be done using the menus. And you might not want to popup a hypergraph window if the user already has it in a panel, you might want to try to find it first.

Newsquirt
08 August 2007, 08:35 PM
Hey man, thanks a lot. I found another solution but I appreciate you taking the time to explain things for me. My mel knowledge is based on echo all commands. :D

Thanks again!

CGTalk Moderation
08 August 2007, 08:35 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.