View Full Version : Clearing reference transform edits?

superduper10000
07 July 2007, 04:28 PM
Is there an easy way to restore the original transforms of references objects in a scene?

For example, I reference a file with nodes A and B, then I move around A and B's references. Can I restore A's position to be exactly that in the referenced file without affecting B's reference transform or re-loading the entire referenced file?

superduper10000
07 July 2007, 10:22 PM
... to follow up, this command appears not to affect the transform on the referenced object specified, and I am not sure why:

referenceEdit -editCommand "setAttr" -removeEdits reftest:pCube1;

superduper10000
07 July 2007, 10:48 PM
ok figured out my own problem -- referenceEdit requires the reference node on which it's acting to be unloaded at the time of edit. So you have to unload your reference temporarily and then reload it.

that's why the "remove selected edits" dialog accessible through the reference editor never worked for me!! I was always trying to use it while the reference was still loaded. That dialog only works if if the reference is unloaded.

CGTalk Moderation
07 July 2007, 10:48 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.