LC #42 Pipers Alley

View Full Version : ramdrive on 2000

03-26-2003, 09:35 AM
so i recently upgraded to win2k, and one of the things(almost the only thing) i miss is the ram drive. i liked having a little 32 meg drive to put my temp internet files on. is it gone for good now that im on 2k? thanks =)

03-26-2003, 06:24 PM
uh.... eeewwww... "ram drive"... Anyhow, that's old baggage for old tech. For Win2K, if you want to allocate space for a temporary internet files and temporary system files, your easiest and most efficient bet is just to create a 1GB partition and then move your system and internet file folder there. To do this, simply right mouse click "my computer" > "advanced" > "environment variables": and change all instances of TEMP and TMP to the path and directory of your temp file partition. I have a partition on my system specifically for temp files like that. I also use it as my scratch disk for photoshop. AS for IE, simply go through internet tools and move the temporary internet files folder. Then ur good to go.

03-26-2003, 07:07 PM
well whats the easiest way to partition this without using other software, is there a way to do it with disk management or something?

CGTalk Moderation
01-14-2006, 06:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.