I just finished a new character setup MEL script, and would love to hear feedback on it. You can download it for from Highend3D (http://www.highend3d.com/maya/downloads/mel_scripts/character/Rig-o-matic-4729.html).
Version 2 features include:
- stretchable arms, legs, and back
- FK/IK switching for arms and legs
- distibuted rotation joints for hips and/or biceps based upon Andrew Silke's Cane Toad method
- standard range of foot pivots, and adjustable heel pivot location
- automatic finger joint/control creation for four and five fingered hands
- clavicle controls
- head/neck controls
- knee/elbow pole vector controls
- no flip knee option
- pelvis, hip, upper back controls
- scalable controller objects
- automatic arm and leg mirroring
- automatic joint naming, and hierarchy/display layer organization
- Jason Osipa style eye setup
- multiple generic appendage options, to be used with tails, antennae, and other non-standard joint chains.
- fully scalable rig (from super mover)
For more information, watch this YouTube tutorial/demo (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k3atUmcfOMo) or view the online documentation (http://www.3dcentral.com/rigomatic/rigomatic.html).