View Full Version : "flikering in 3ds max rendering"

selvaimages
07 July 2007, 08:26 PM
hai guys!
i am trying to render a small residence walk through. it comes well in seperate frames. but in whole animation the tiles the bushes and the metal portions are flikering. can u guide me how to get a good result.

thanks in advance!!

thehive
07 July 2007, 08:29 PM
need to pics to understand what is goin one

malikaamir
08 August 2007, 04:44 AM
selvaimages which render engine are you using to render that animation ??

shkumbinferizi
08 August 2007, 01:47 PM
ya totaly depends what ur using, usually i know in vray it flickers a lot cus of Imap, so if ur using vray with Imap,.then u might try to increase subdivs, and uncheck any vraylight which has "store with irradiance map" option checked...

BlackCat3D
08 August 2007, 01:50 PM
if you are using hdr ..try to blur it..or maybe blur the specular..i hear that if you have an
pirate copy of vray should happens ..i am not sure..

malikaamir
08 August 2007, 01:52 PM
yeah if u r using vray then the only best solution to avoid flicker in ur animaiton is to bake ur irmap and use ur baked irmap and render ur animation its

selvaimages
08 August 2007, 06:11 PM
yeah if u r using vray then the only best solution to avoid flicker in ur animaiton is to bake ur irmap and use ur baked irmap and render ur animation its

thanks!
i am using v ray rendering only!
I solved this problem now Its because of low i r settings I think. I changed it to high and increased the light cache subdivisions and changed the enviroinment gi. it looks better now. thanks guys.

malikaamir
08 August 2007, 11:28 PM
selvaimages thats great but i just wanted to tell u that if u incease the settings to high that might increase ur render time and if u keep ur setting low and bake the irmap it will not flicker any ways gud luck

CGTalk Moderation
08 August 2007, 11:28 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.