View Full Version : OBJ problems max9 help !

07 July 2007, 07:10 AM
i have been having a few problems with my UV's.i noticed this problem when i created a displacement map from mudbox to 3ds max, when i imported the lowest sub model back into max i found that the UVs were all mucked up.

so i tested my model, i saved a obj model from max, and then imported it back into 3dsmax and the UV's were mucked up. is there a setting which i need to set?

heres the pics

original UV layout (before obj export) (
Shot at 2007-07-12

After exported as a obj and then imported back into max to test (
Shot at 2007-07-12

export settings (
Shot at 2007-07-12

import settings (
Shot at 2007-07-12


07 July 2007, 03:33 PM
Try checking the importer box to "single". I'm not 100% on max but I know in Maya if it creates multiples upon import things can get funky.

07 July 2007, 10:27 PM
The only time I had Mudbox muck up the UV's was when I had triangles in the mesh, quads only and no problem.

07 July 2007, 11:33 PM
This is a common problem with Max, make sure you reset XForm before you export it, that'll solve your problem.

CGTalk Moderation
07 July 2007, 11:33 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.