I need help on a particular issue. Here are the pertinent information:
1) A Proxy Mesh for a Fish Head (less the lower jaw because it is a separate mesh).
2) A simple Face Armature with 4 Bones (LeftEyebrow, RightEyebrow, Forehead, and LowerJaw).
OBJECTIVE: Parent the Fish Head mesh to the Armature so that it organically deforms, BUT the LowerJaw bone must not affect the Fish Head mesh at all.
WHAT I HAVE DONE:
1) Parent Fish Head Mesh to Face Armature in Object Mode.
2) Selected "Make Vertex Groups from Nearest Bones"
3) Selected Fish Head Mesh, entered EDIT MODE and tried deleting Vertex Group "LowerJaw"
However, when I move the LowerJaw bone the lower part of the head continues to follow it like it's stuck to it. I also tried removing all the vertices in the said vertex group but to no avail.