View Full Version : nCloth question

booboo4ever
07 July 2007, 01:36 AM
i am trying to use a technique that works for softbodies on nCloth to set up the initial state.

when using softbodies, and i need to set up the initial pose of an object that is different than what the softbody was created at, i just set all the weights for each vertex(particle) to one, play one frame, it 'jumps' to the pose, and i save the initial state.

with nCloth (which i am forced to use in this particular case) i am trying to run it up for about 50 frames or more but i can never really get it to the correct place. i have tried to find an attribute that is similar to making all the goal weights one on a softbody to make the cloth 'jump' to the correct starting pose - which of course is different than the pose it was created at.

does anybody have any ideas on how to accomplish this?

thanks ahead for any help!

Vincent

Neill3d
07 July 2007, 08:19 AM
Hi booboo4ever, have you tried "Rigidity" or "Input Mesh Attract" parameters of the nCloth? IMHO, u can set several keys for this parameters to control behavior in needed manner

CGTalk Moderation
07 July 2007, 08:19 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.