View Full Version : Strange Behavior (Animation) Entry: Kary Black
Kary Black is entered in the "Strange Behavior Challenge" update: View Challenge Page (http://features.cgsociety.org/challenge/strange_behavior/view_entries.php?challenger=13156)
Latest Update: Concept Sketch or 3D pre-visualization: hero sketch
Well I've started to work my way through the bad ideas at least:
- a zombie with a first aid kit on a battlefield (perhaps with a doggy bag to the side).
- a Final Fantasy / WoW style hero surrounded by dark sinister monster shapes, and not able to lift the incredibly large swords that they tend to have
- food fight: a ninja in front of a wooden door / wall, with bananas, carrots, etc., penetrating the wall the way a knife or throwing star would.
- svelte young women doing a cradle life of a pair of muscled guys in that classic shot (like this (http://slam.canoe.ca/WrestlingImagesK/MikeKoncur1956CradleLift.jpg) one)
- a heavily muscled corpse in a vat of chocolate, operating on the tag line of "Inside every fat person is a thin one drowning in chocolate."
Hopefully something decent will come to mind soon :)
07-03-2007, 12:29 AM
Hey kary :) Good too see you join in the fun :D Waiting for finalized ideas :D:thumbsup:
Happily I can sculpt a little better then I can draw so hopefully this might be able to be pulled off. It might wind up a series of key shots instead of a finished animation, but it should be fun either way.
Magdalena :) Well I decided to go with this one, the camera angles came really easy, and the stuff that would need to be built co-operates very nicely with the classic portfolio issues... so why not right :)
I'm still tempted to do the cradle lift as an illustration as well... something about that one really appeals, and surely I could do one drawing in 100+ days?! ;)
I had a few hours free both days this weekend so I started sketching out some basics for the generic hero. The body might be close, but the head is a bit bleh and doesn't fit with what I want very well.
I'm going to do a few drawings, then a few head sculpts to find what I'm looking for. Things open up a bit after this week, so the pace should pick up a bit after that :)
07-16-2007, 07:08 PM
But i'm not sure about the shape of the muscles at the belly. Looks kind of odd.
You're right, the top muscles below the ribs should protrude more. The general shape also looks off, but they're really wrong in the side view.
Hopefully I can get back to this at the end of the week. I'm busier then I expected, but it would be nice to get the body shape nailed down (to be able to work out the armor) :)
Very helpful to get that pointed out, I would have looked at it with a vague sense of 'something is wrong here' and not been able to nail down what for awhile.
07-17-2007, 11:54 AM
now you mention it, now i see it too!
The head and neck should more a little to the back. His back at the top should stick out a little less. And the upper leg is thinner than the lower leg. Also is the butt not sticking out enough.
Then the heel should stick out too, and maybe the foot is way too long. Then i just think the head is a little bit small.
strange i didn't notice this before. Maybe i was paying too much attention to muscular anatomy.
07-17-2007, 11:54 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.