View Full Version : ShihMing, Pros, Maya 7.0
06-25-2007, 04:40 PM
Started on this. Hope to have more people joining this challenge! Would be fun... :thumbsup:
Did a few things:
- Some basic setting up of head/neck/eye joints
- Simple rigging of the eyes via aim constraints
- First pass skinning of geometry to the head, neck and jaw joints
- Since it is a hyper-real rig, I will be tuning my rig towards pseudo-muscle setup.
- Idea is to have a base head that is blendshaped to the actual renderable head, with all the rigging and extra stuff done on that base head. So the actual head will be "clean".
- Rig will be entirely made up of joints. Will add in some blendshapes if time allows.
- There will be a facial interface beside the face made up of curves for the controls, with on-face controls to fine tune the face if needed.
Thanks to Todd & Alessandro for this challenge!
06-27-2007, 10:19 AM
you going to connect some shapes or a deformer up to the eyes so that when they rotate, it effects teh eyelids as well?
06-27-2007, 01:36 PM
Hey Xenoid ,
ur weighting on the jaw looks good enough , except that i noticed that the inside part of the lips is kinda coming out and they dont push in to the mouth . Well Im facing the same problem . How're u going to counter that? good weighting techniques or blendshapes?
06-27-2007, 02:45 PM
twidup: Yeah I'll be doing some setup for the "fleshy" eyes. Tentatively joints, but I'll have to see how good will the effect of the idea be.
deatheater4ever: Thanks. Yeah I have to add corrective blendshapes to those, or maybe setup the joints such that they will correct that part of the mouth when the jaw is rotated down.
Having said that, I came across something recently that made use of soft mods instead of joints, and the effects look real nice. Will be trying that out to see if it can replace joints instead.
06-30-2007, 10:06 AM
Spent some time reading up and determining the muscle lines of action necessary to animate the face with, and creating the facial GUI. Here's a screen cap so far:
Anyone, please feel free to comment if you think that the controls are insufficient to achieve good facial animation. I'm always open to any opinions or suggestions.
07-16-2007, 04:15 AM
The jaw control... will it pull the lower mouth influences with it? Or will that be manual?
07-16-2007, 04:57 AM
Hi yes, it will lower the mouth influences with the jaw control.
Trying hard to finish this before the deadline. Not much time to do it and exploration of new setups (at least new to me) takes much more time then I expected. Let's see how it goes.
07-23-2007, 04:22 PM
I regret to say that I'm out of this challenge. Just too many things on my plate.
Here's a video on what I've achieved so far:
And here's the wip of the face rig so far:
Please feel free to check it out and give me comments on it. All joints. No blendshapes yet. Controls are somewhat there, but still need some tweaking. Skinning's pretty default at the moment. The joints are sliding over the face when the faceGui is moved.
07-23-2007, 04:22 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.