View Full Version : Outpost - VFx Challenge - Nando

03 March 2003, 11:29 AM
My fisrt entry here.... I have to try this, alien civilization

RE-Edited Update 21-03-03

OK I Change my picture again, so finally i going to use one of this two picture, can you help my decided which one to use?

Hope You like any comments are welcome, but a lot of work still to do, be nice

Oupost Web Page, (

03 March 2003, 11:38 AM
maybe itīs my browser, but i canīt see any images... :shrug:

03 March 2003, 11:44 AM
unnnnnnn I can see, the images ????

I don't know what to do??:rolleyes:

03 March 2003, 11:46 AM
maybe itßs just me.. but in the other threads i can see all images.. strange ...

03 March 2003, 12:07 PM
can anyone see the images.... (2 pictures)

03 March 2003, 12:38 PM
i can't... maybe your server cannot allow direct link... try to do a html page with the jpgs... ;)

03 March 2003, 01:06 PM
ok this is the web page

but i get to see the pictures in my other computer at work...

ok I hope this work..

Thanksss Nando

03 March 2003, 01:20 PM
The picture may be a bit too close up to give room for a colony. Seemingly it's only 10-15 meters across.
It would be perfect as a close-up of the thingawatermijig gizmo the aliens use to extract hydrogen from the water, but I don't see how you'll fit a whole colony in that corner.
Lovely picture though. And if you don't find another picture, I'm looking forward to seeing what you can make out of it.

03 March 2003, 01:25 PM
I agree with Braqua, the photo donīt leave you much space for laying down the outpost, itīs good for a close up of the facilities.
I like the frozen waterfall.:)

My thread on Outpost - VFX Challenge (

03 March 2003, 02:11 PM
Thanks Zepedro & Braqua.....
I think you are right, but it is the only good picture I found in the internet.......
I will try to look for another picture...

03 March 2003, 04:15 PM
ok i got this picture of the internet after going through 1000000 canyon pictures on the net......

I still going to keep my frist design just changing the location..
I don't like the dark side on the left side of the picture, too dark and hard shadows...

What you think

03 March 2003, 12:01 AM
Tricky layout of the mountain itself, but definitely room for a biggun in the distance. Let's see what you can stick on there. :)

03 March 2003, 09:08 AM
morning all... ok, I done this last night, I match the photo with 3d geometry, no very easy to do.. this is only a test on the ligthing, which i'm no very happy and i dont like the picture anyway...

any comments please....

Mangled Poly
03 March 2003, 11:13 AM
Your host seems to be dead :/:shame:

03 March 2003, 03:06 PM
is working now....

coments please....

03 March 2003, 03:32 PM
I'm not seeing anything. My server does the same thing. The only way people can see the pics is if I copy and paste it right into the message so they can then copy it into a browser window. Which has not generated comments for me. Good luck!

03 March 2003, 04:45 PM
see nothing too :annoyed:

03 March 2003, 04:58 PM

I got my pictures hosted by is a free hosting, it just to work before...

i goingt look for another free website to host my pict....

sorry about this....

03 March 2003, 11:13 PM
Look to be promising.I like the shot very much.:thumbsup:

03 March 2003, 10:11 AM
OK I Change my picture again, so finally i going to use one of this two picture, can you help my decided which one to use? or

or Check my web page

Outpost March Entry (

Thanks Coments welcome

03 March 2003, 02:18 PM
I would go for number two, seemingly the original picture. The canyon looks very fake due to size-difference. There has to be a somewhat similar size-ratio when images are merged. The cartracks on the sand indicates that the enormous canyon is 4-5 meters deep, while the image of the canyon itself seems to indicate a drop of 30-40 meters, at least.

Another problem is that the car-tracks set the size of the domes to 2.5-3.0 meters across on the small domes and 10-15 on the big ones. And one of the domes are also in the middle of a cartrack.
Sorry if you feel like I'm badgering you, asked. :)

03 March 2003, 02:32 PM
unn good point Braqua.
I really never notice the car tracks, on the sand....... i'll have to clear those traks in photoshop..

CGTalk Moderation
01 January 2006, 05:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.