View Full Version : Joint Swap

fritz8th
06 June 2007, 02:17 PM
Hey everyone,

Thinking about a script not sure where really to start at or maybe there is something out there already like it. I wanted to try and write something that would take all the connections to a joint find them and then swap them to another joint . So I could take one join that has SKD's and contraints and then just transfer them to another joint. Any Ideas of comments would be great thanks.

Dan

isamuraiqat
06 June 2007, 08:03 AM
well swapping would involve you xforming all the transformations of the joint "hoping the rotations werent frozen" and also get the orientation of the joint, after that, you'll need 2 read all kinds of incoming and outgoing connections thru "listConnections" and listRelatives for the hierarchy to be added right, after that you may be able to apply all that u queried into the new joint, and then delete the previous one, might also be a good idea to generalize this to include not only joints, but also other stuff like locators and controllers, or even geometry, i thought of doing this script a while ago, but ive been a bit busy, but id love to see it out there!

hope that helped

cheers

CGTalk Moderation
06 June 2007, 08:03 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.