View Full Version : A problem exporting UV Layout from Maya

Kenage
05 May 2007, 06:40 PM
Hi ^^
I'm using Maya 7 and just finished doing the UV layout of my model and I wanted to export it to Photoshop using the "Create PSD Network" in the hypershade, but all it does is giving me the following error message: "Error: More than one object matches name: polySurfaceShape25" . I have no idea why it says that, because I looked in my outliner and I can't see any surface/object called polySurfaceShape25...

Help will be greatly appreciated,
Thanks ahead!

spiritmouse
05 May 2007, 01:29 AM
I don't know how PSD network works, but if you only need the UV layout to work on in photoshop, you can try "UV Snapshot..." under the UV Texture editor Polygon or Subdiv menu to export as other format to use in photoshop. I usually use targa to get the alpha channel too.

madart
05 May 2007, 06:26 AM
Look at the tabs in the Attribute Editor of your objects. Sometimes when you're making duplicates and merging objects, an object can have several names, at least that's what I think happens. After you delete your history, there ususually is only one name left.

Kenage
05 May 2007, 08:48 AM
Thank you guys, i worked it out and mannaged to make the Create PSD Network work, but now I have another problem :S
In the attributes tab where i should be able to choose the different maps I have a blank space with nothing to select, so I can't create the network. It's kind of annoying...

madart
05 May 2007, 07:16 AM
suppsoe you have solved the problem by now. If not, I am not really sure where the problem is, a screen dump would help to explain.

Kenage
05 May 2007, 09:22 PM
here it is... thanks again for your help (:
http://img526.imageshack.us/img526/6204/psdnetworkzz9.jpg

madart
05 May 2007, 03:12 PM
This is strange. I honestly don't know what the problem could be.

Have you tried another object? Another scene? different materials?

Sorry I'm not of much help am I??

Maybe someone else knows the solution to your problem. :)

Kenage
05 May 2007, 12:12 PM
It did work in another scene on a primitive I created, it's just that I created a model I really like and wanted to texture it, but I guess I'll go on the UV Snapshot solution...

BTW, I might as well take advantage of this thread now-When I use Sperical And Cylindrical mapping, the Result I get in the UV Texture Editor are not quite right...

http://img128.imageshack.us/img128/9571/texturemapsua1.png

And that is the default. I didn't touch it...

NumberJohnnyFive
05 May 2007, 07:02 PM
Hey im still pretty new to 3d so this may help you or might not, but I had this same problem a week or so ago. Make sure you are in object mode then select your object, then all the different map options will show up, if you are in uv, or vertex mode the map options will not show up, which is what your experiencing. Hope this helps you, it worked for me.

CGTalk Moderation
05 May 2007, 07:02 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.