View Full Version : Image Transformation

Psycrow
04 April 2007, 08:09 AM
Hi there,

I am looking for some advice concerning the transformation of Images. (think Photoshop >> ctrl+t). One solution already came to my mind (and works too) using triangles and Barycentric coordinates. And now im wondering if there maybe is a smarter and faster way of approaching this particular problem.

For those who dont know what i'm talking about, here is a picture.

http://img99.imageshack.us/my.php?image=exnj6.jpg

Thanks in advance...

MrTwister
04 April 2007, 08:39 PM
Try to use GDI++

MrTwister
04 April 2007, 08:48 PM
Try to use GDI+ or DirectX.

Psycrow
04 April 2007, 06:59 PM
To what end? Its no problem to draw the image. But rather how to calculate it.
so long...

UrbanFuturistic
04 April 2007, 10:48 PM
Well, you could always use certain UV mapping techniques(1) but... do you actually need to know the fastest algorithm? The reason everyone's suggesting GDI+ is because it gives you access to the 2D graphics hardware that has built in capabilities to do all this stuff for you, so unless there's a specific reason you need to know a good algorithm it's best to use GDI+ or some other 2D API like DirectDraw.

(1)There is a weird UV mapping technique I've read of that involves rotating a polygon from world space to orthographic flat space, the application of the UV coords would work here. Not the fastest of techniques for 3D though.

CGTalk Moderation
04 April 2007, 10:48 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.