View Full Version : Vue 5 & Vue 6

msgcg
04 April 2007, 08:35 AM
hi guys..

i am having a problem with vue 6 .. when i open a file saved with vue 5 in vue 6 , i am having a different rendered image (the lighting is way different)??!!

why is this happening ? i mean, is there is any difference between Vue 5 and Vue 6 in the way they handle the lighting in the same file ?

any help will be appretiated.

chippwalters
04 April 2007, 09:14 PM
I'm pretty sure the renderings will be different from Vue5 to Vue6...all things considered. There has been a lot of work done in the Radiosity and other render settings (including anti-aliasing as well).

msgcg
04 April 2007, 08:15 AM
I'm pretty sure the renderings will be different from Vue5 to Vue6...all things considered. There has been a lot of work done in the Radiosity and other render settings (including anti-aliasing as well).

?? so i have to change some setting in order to maintain the same render with 5 ?

btw this is sooo stupid ... i mean they change their software and i have to change things to get the file to render correctly !!!

chippwalters
04 April 2007, 08:23 AM
btw this is sooo stupid ... i mean they change their software and i have to change things to get the file to render correctly !!!

Stupid, maybe. But I know this is true for many other rendering packages as well. You certainly can't take an old Lightwave 6 scene and open it up in Lightwave 9 and get the exact same rendering either.

msgcg
04 April 2007, 08:52 PM
Stupid, maybe. But I know this is true for many other rendering packages as well. You certainly can't take an old Lightwave 6 scene and open it up in Lightwave 9 and get the exact same rendering either.

i know that you are right , but still its huge difference.

ok now i someone uses Vue 6 plzzz tell the differences that i should take into consider when trying to achieve a nice realstic exterior scene .. thnx guys

bruno021
04 April 2007, 09:19 PM
The difference could also come from the atmosphere that was used in Vue5. Some have been updated with Vue6, check the atmosphere editor for parameter changes.

msgcg
04 April 2007, 08:23 AM
The difference could also come from the atmosphere that was used in Vue5. Some have been updated with Vue6, check the atmosphere editor for parameter changes.

i used normal GI atmosphere ?
can i post the atm file so someone could verify this ???

bruno021
04 April 2007, 08:01 PM
Well, I have deleted Vue5, so I can't help. But some GI atmos have definitely been altered in Vue6.

msgcg
05 May 2007, 07:48 AM
guys i figured it out .. i think the reason is that when i open vue 5 file in vue 6 the sky gain attribute set to 0 for some reason . so just set this one back to its original value (1.5 for me) and everything will be great.

thnx for the support

Ian Rite
05 May 2007, 12:38 PM
Have you tried to use the old scene converter that is in the cd?
"tools" dir, "old scene converter.exe"

msgcg
05 May 2007, 09:24 PM
thnx man for the replay.... i tried it and it works like charm ..

CGTalk Moderation
05 May 2007, 09:24 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.