It goes like this :deal:

3DL,
Technical Animator
Ubisoft

to

3DL,
Character Rigger
Beenox Studio / Activision

I :love: LOVE :love: my job :deal: First day at work was monday and IT'S AWESOME ( the job and the studio :thumbsup: )

ErikSvensson
04 April 2007, 10:57 AM
Congrats buddy! Sounds awesome. :thumbsup: :applause:

Erik

Kh4rn
04 April 2007, 12:20 PM
Thatís great, sounds like a dream job, I wish you luck.

I was looking at your demo reel and I really like how when the character looks at something the upper body follows in a delayed manner. I've never seen that before. Can you explain the basic concept of this method or what type of constrains are needed.

Good luck again and thanks.

EricDLegare
04 April 2007, 03:30 PM
Thatís great, sounds like a dream job, I wish you luck.

I was looking at your demo reel and I really like how when the character looks at something the upper body follows in a delayed manner. I've never seen that before. Can you explain the basic concept of this method or what type of constrains are needed.

Good luck again and thanks.

This was a quick demo I had to do at work ( some time ago ) to show to the programmers how the look at should work for the entire body in the game engine...

Basicly it's just a bunch of reactions manager, driven by the rotation of an object, the fancy thing for this was to use the rotation of a look-ated object to drive a reaction, I had to use the ExposeTransform helper to help :deal:

-edit-

LoL, nothing is named in this scene, it was just a quick test so don't judge me on this one :P

Kh4rn
04 April 2007, 04:00 PM
oh that makes sence. well thanks for the reply and GL again

Sreames
04 April 2007, 04:01 PM
Awesome reel dude. I've recently decided I want to get into Rigging as well, now that I'm in Character Rigging class. Hope everything goes well for you. I'd keep working on my demo reel if I was you, to keep it up to date with your skills.

EricDLegare
04 April 2007, 04:22 PM
Awesome reel dude. I've recently decided I want to get into Rigging as well, now that I'm in Character Rigging class. Hope everything goes well for you. I'd keep working on my demo reel if I was you, to keep it up to date with your skills.

Well this is my WIP REEL :P it's not showing any recent rig or any FINISHED rig :deal: ( it's a quick reel I made to show Beenox that I was capable of Rigging ;P )

Mainly because of things like '' the game is not out yet so you can't show your rigs '' and the Tauren is so WIP, a lot of work to come ;P

But yes, as soon as I finish the Tauren, my REAL REEL ( lol ) will start :deal:

I will also be posting the TAUREN RIG PROJECT THREAD :P soon ( when '' 3DL's Muscle System II will be ready :P )

Sreames
04 April 2007, 04:28 PM
Well this is my WIP REEL :P it's not showing any recent rig or any FINISHED rig :deal: ( it's a quick reel I made to show Beenox that I was capable of Rigging ;P )

Mainly because of things like '' the game is not out yet so you can't show your rigs '' and the Tauren is so WIP, a lot of work to come ;P

But yes, as soon as I finish the Tauren, my REAL REEL ( lol ) will start :deal:

I will also be posting the TAUREN RIG PROJECT THREAD :P soon ( when '' 3DL's Muscle System II will be ready :P )

Cool stuff. I'll be looking forward to it.

eek
04 April 2007, 05:38 PM
Congratulations!

EricDLegare
04 April 2007, 10:51 PM
Not only that, but it's also MY 100th POST on CgTalk ! :applause:

sakeo
05 May 2007, 03:42 PM
Felicitation ;)

EricDLegare
05 May 2007, 04:03 PM
:thumbsup: Marci :thumbsup:

CGTalk Moderation
05 May 2007, 04:03 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.