View Full Version : Issues In Keying

mike1anime
04 April 2007, 01:17 AM
hi guys, here's yet another question I have. I'm trying to key footage in shake. (HD 1920x1080) and I'm having issues when there's 2 objects come close to each other and my key creates this webbing effect. [like if two fingers are near other or when an arm is near the body the space in between is the area I'm talking about) I guess it's because when the two objects are near each other.. it's harder to calculate the greenscreen.

Anyone else had this issue and found a way out of it? I'm sure there's an answer. I've hit the wall and now I'm just not sure what to do about this.

thanks again

jbills
04 April 2007, 08:07 AM
s'pose you should just get in there and do some roto, or do a loose garbage matte around the offending area and pull a separate, stronger key in there. despill will help.

most keys in shake are not done with just one key, but usually a composite of 2-3.

easy enough to layer them together to nail it down.

have noticed that nuke's IBK can usually get the job done with far less hacking than primatte or keylight - the screen correction tools are really nice, and handle things like this really well (and patchy, uneven screens). there are probably others out there. occasionally I'd get a perfect key with one go on Flame. it's rare.

CGTalk Moderation
04 April 2007, 08:07 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.