View Full Version : Model Sheet Making. What Posture?

chrisdejoya
03 March 2003, 05:59 AM
http://home2.pacific.net.ph/~cmijares8/mod.jpg

hey all, could any of the seasoned pros or art school kiddies take a look at the model sheets i've done and give me a few pointers? i'm not a student of anything game related, so i really don't have a clue what i'm doing.

i'm mainly concerned about the posture, should the arms and legs be more spreadeagled? is a side-view of the arm necessary? i'm sure there's a lot i'm missing, and tips would be much appreciated.

SPyDeR WeBz
03 March 2003, 06:32 AM
Whoa man those are great how'd you do them?

I like how they differ in size.

Sry i can't help ya.

mtmckinley
03 March 2003, 06:44 AM
I think those would be very adequate for modeling with. :) Nice job!

chrisdejoya
03 March 2003, 09:42 AM
they're just pencil sketches on graphing paper, tweaked in photoshop (you can see breaks in the grid on some areas.)

tips? :/

MySpleen
03 March 2003, 06:35 PM
You might want to do a close up detailed view of the head, front/side.

JonRush
03 March 2003, 06:58 PM
Those look good for modeling....I would say that for concepting that the more drawings you have the better. Even if you're going to model them yourself, it will still shed a lot of light on what you're thinking of as far as the finished product.

Just puts thoughts in a visual form...looks good though dude.

My only crit is that on the humanoids, youll probably want a drawing of the arm from the front too...

koinu
03 March 2003, 10:37 PM
About your poses, usuallyI put my characters in the default pose. Arms outreached to the side with the thumbs pointing upward. Other than tha tnice model sheets.

JonRush
03 March 2003, 11:21 PM
The 'Jesus' pose puts too much stress on the shoulders in terms of stretching..having them more relaxed is beneficial

Asorson
03 March 2003, 05:16 AM
They work for me, I could certainly model from them.

CGTalk Moderation
01 January 2006, 03:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.