View Full Version : wacky symmetry question

03 March 2007, 06:23 AM
I have been working on this model for a little bit now and symmetry was working fine until today when i booted up and was making a typical top. axis option.

After it was set up i tried to flip some work from one side of the mesh to the other and it totally freaked out resulting in this:

If anyone can lend me some advice that'd be great.

03 March 2007, 03:51 AM
I've never had a problem like that before in Mudbox, but then again I usually just work on one half in Mudbox and symmetrize stuff back in XSI.

I can't help you with figuring out how that happened without more details, but you can always bring it into another package and delete all those faces and re-symmetrize. Shouldn't take longer than a few seconds in an orthographic view.

03 March 2007, 03:02 AM
thats actually very funny! I look at the post, expecting something semi-normal, and then i start to read your questoin and then my eyes catch the picture and im like woah! lmao, its just so funny.

As far as helping you, I cant since I dont have too much experience in MB yet. I have noticed some weird quirks kinda sorta almost like that though, but nothing that wild. Maybe just an odd math error of some sort on your system.

03 March 2007, 07:06 AM
yeah i tried yelling at the computer but it didn't work. I just reimported the levels into a new scene and it works again, i just lost all the individual layers i had on him, no biggy i guess.

CGTalk Moderation
03 March 2007, 07:06 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.