View Full Version : Animation: The Candid Audition

Rawn
03 March 2003, 02:03 AM
Hey Everyone,

I recently completed the 6 month Maya program at The Vancouver Film School and here is the result:

Candid Audition - 21 meg divx avi (http://www.vfs.com/~m09corey/candid_lrg.avi)

I welcome all questions/comments.

Thanks,

-Corey

kdub
03 March 2003, 02:16 AM
great work. The face up close could use a little work, but the animation/story is all great! (and funny) another VFS hit i guess.

Finally i get to post first on something :)

RmachucaA
03 March 2003, 06:36 AM
I must say it extrmely good, i gather from the movie that you have previous experience in 3d? because if you learnt to do that in 6 months im packing up and moving to vancouver :-)

my only crit is that the arms seem a little to thin for his body, and that his face is too clean, it should have a little more dirt and wrinkles, other then that bravo!

Jui
03 March 2003, 07:17 AM
Yeah there are things to be improved in the modelling *however* I do not think that the modelling was important in the clip.

The animations in it certainly took the centre of attention. The dance with the music was executed very well and I just loved how he puffed and out of breath at the final pose.

Well done.

But there is something that i am wondering. Every single guy from the vfs stresses that they are from the vfs on the first post. The work is great, but it almost sounds like an advertisement...

Rawn
03 March 2003, 06:24 PM
Jui said: But there is something that i am wondering. Every single guy from the vfs stresses that they are from the vfs on the first post. The work is great, but it almost sounds like an advertisement...
-Jui, It wasn't my intention to do an advert for VFS...I was just giving some background of myself and where the piece came from 'tis all. :)
The dance with the music was executed very well and I just loved how he puffed and out of breath at the final pose.
The reference material I used was a combination of 2 different dance numbers from Fred Astaire. I learned a lot about animation from trying to mimic these dance steps, I recommend it to anyone wanting to further their animation skills...do a dance!

RmachucaA said: i gather from the movie that you have previous experience in 3d?
-RmachucaA, I have had some previous experience in 3d however, there wasn't much character stuff, so that was the area I wanted to push for.

Thanks for the feedback guys, keep it comin!

-Corey

CGTalk Moderation
01 January 2006, 02:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.