View Full Version : First post and UV Mapping question!

chimpspanner
03 March 2007, 12:35 AM
Hey all, just registered here. I think I tried ages ago but something went wrong for some reason. Anyway, just a quick question regarding UV Mapping strategies....

I'm using Wings 3D, and the supplied autoUV plugin to do my modelling and texturing. What I was wondering is how to maintain a sense of scale between UV maps on different objects. I've included a picture to illustrate the "problem".

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y266/diddlyblap/uvmapproblem.jpg

Both of the objects are the same size, but because one has more charts than the other, faces that are the same size in the modelling window, are different in the UV Mapping window where it has been scaled to fit...meaning that the object with the smaller charts, will have lower resolution textures.

So how would I go about making sure uvmaps are on the same scale from one object to another? Is this just a limitation of autoUV? And would I be better off using a dedicated unwrapping program?

Sorry it's a bit long. Thanks very much in advance!!

- Paul

CGTalk Moderation
03 March 2007, 12:35 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.