View Full Version : 3Dsmax : Black Tris popping up!?

Hodaararar
03 March 2007, 12:10 AM
Hey guys, sorry to bug you all but this is getting to be a pain in the ass for me. :) Im talking about the black tris in the screenshots, mainly around the motif as the other areas arent mapped properly yet. For some reason depending on the view I take a screenshot from these pop up out of nowhere and dissapear depending on the view like I said. In real time they dont show up by the way. Im sure theres a simple explanation for this so please enlighten me and anyone else having this problem and are new to texturing! Apreciate it thankyou!

Cameo
03 March 2007, 11:02 AM
Looks more like an OpenGL/display issue rather than a texturing one to me. Have you tried rendering the views rather than taking screencaps? Do the triangles stilll appear then? If they do it could be an issue with the normals of your geometry or failing that something to do with Max materials/shaders but Im not a Max user so cant help you there.

Hodaararar
03 March 2007, 09:18 PM
Hey there, thanks for replying :). Allthough they were actuall renders not screenshots and tried changing the graphics drivers but still no luck. It must be a material problem as renders in the past seemed to be fine from the exact same positions im taking them now. Still, that leaves me with the big question of what is exactly wrong with my materials to cause this. I do hope someone whos experienced this can help me. Thanks! :)

Hodaararar
03 March 2007, 01:04 AM
Fixed it! http://www.game-artist.net/forums/images/smilies/smile.gif It was to do with one of my materials in the composite map, I turned off 'Show map on Back' and it seemed to sort it out.

CGTalk Moderation
03 March 2007, 01:04 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.