LC #42 Pipers Alley

View Full Version : Editing UVmaps bug ?

02-28-2007, 11:27 AM
I've been trying to edit my UVmap and for half an hour and I thought I must be doing something wrong because I did not see any difference, no matter what I changed in the texture projection settings, it did not change a thing to my texture in the render region or preview.

I can activate and deactivate wrapping, change the scaling, difference.

But I just found out I have to scrub the timeline to force xsi to refresh and see my changes.

Is it me or is this another 6.0 bug ??

03-01-2007, 08:29 AM
hmm, weird. I tried it on a different machine with the same result.

I suppose nobody else uses UVmaps in XSI then ;-)

03-01-2007, 04:03 PM
I'm not seeing this behavior in v6. I can make changes in either the texture projection def or the the texture editor and get instant updates in a textured view or render region. Or change the support or whatever... all give immediate feedback. Edit: also changing the texture image gives immediate feedback.

03-01-2007, 04:45 PM
Are you sure you only have one UV set? Is it different at render time? Have you tried freezing it? Sorry, these are obvious, but this is my checklist.

03-01-2007, 09:55 PM
thanks guys.

what I was trying to do is move a part of the UV's out of the 0-1 UV range and not see a texture.

here's what I do.

-create a sphere primitive
-create a spherical UV texture map
-freeze the object
-apply a texture to the color channel and assign it to the UVmap
-open the texure editor
-select some UV's and move them outside the 0-1 UV range with Tearing and Bleeding active
-open Texture the projection panel and disable Wrapping

now here's where things start to get fishy.

at first I don't see anything change even though the texture should disappear from the UV's that are outside the 0-1 UV range.

Then it only disappears when I move the UV's above the 0-1 UV range.

Then, when I toggle the Alternate UV settings in the Advanced Tab of the Image Projection Panel the texture disappears completely outside the 0-1 UV range as it should.

And when I move the UV Island that's outside the 0-1 UV range around it's changing every time. Suddenly the Texture is visble again no matter where I move the UV's, then again the texture is only visible to the left or right of the 0-1 UV range.

To get what I want I have to toggle the Alternate UV settings, but that doesn't work every time. Sometimes I have to fiddle around for a few minutes with some settings to "wake up" XSI.

CGTalk Moderation
03-01-2007, 09:55 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.