<img src="http://ch4os.net/stuff/ft-gamedev.jpg" alt="Fierce Talon" />
Fierce Talon is is a 3D adventure/detective game with a strong film noir mood, set in an alternative near future. The game will be published and sold in
episodes over the internet through sites like <a href="www.manifestogames.com">ManifestoGames.com</a>. The game has been in production for around 2+ years
with a fairly regular team. We are currently switching to <a href="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Irrlicht_Engine">Irrlicht engine</a> (@wikipedia), because at
the moment our in-house engine would take too long to complete and we are pressed for time. The game itself has an unique mood and setting, made to immerse
the player completely. Gameplay will also be substantially different from traditional point-and-click adventures, more towards titles like Fahrenheit/Indigo
Retail (in episodes)
Payed from the profits from the first episode.
Target system: Windows
Programming language: C++ (cpp)
Asset management: Our own online filebrowser (the FTF) and Subversion for version control
-One Lead 3D artist
- You should be a great teamworker, with good english skills.
- Experience in 3D modeling for games (indie stuff, mods, etc)
- Highly motivated and ready to kick some ass.
- Ability to dedicate some time to the project each week (no quitters, please).
<u>We would also love if you:</u>
- Are familiar with IRC.
- A creative mind & passion for games.
- Previous experience of collaborative team projects
- Have some kind of portfolio or images online so we can see what you have done previously.
<u>Our offer to you:</u>
- A good experienced team
- A solid, well worked out concept & design
- Extremely dedicated and goal oriented project that will succeed
You will work as part of a team that has much experience of independent game development, and we aim at making this a profitable game via online
distribution. Fierce Talon is home to both professional and amateur developers and have in the past seen amateurs and hobbyists leave our project as
professionals, claiming Fierce Talon as the reason they succeeded to score a job in the industry.
You will work with goals, milestones, excellent management and will be guaranteed to learn something new each day. We are a collaborative team, meaning we
help eachother out and make sure that noone is left behind. Plus, we are fun to work with :)
Details for 3D lead:
We are currently looking for a 3D artist to lead our 3D department (currently one active modeler). You should have experience in game modeling and good
communication skills. Our former (now biz employed) 3D lead will act as a supervisor/advisor when he can find the time, so you'll always have someone you can
ask questions from.
<u>What we require from you:</u>
- Modeling and UV mapping experience.
- Experience in leading a team a plus, tho not required.
<u>We would also love if you:</u>
- Have good texturing skills.
- Experience with normal/bump/specular/diffuse textures.
Vermin Entertainment consists of about 10 talented individuals, from all around europe and most of them have worked on Fierce Talon from the beginning. I'll
list up the core members here:
- Joel Fagerlund, project manager & game designer
- Samuli Ulmanen, game designer & PR Coordinator (thats me, baby)
- Michael Berens, Art Director
- Jakob Hedin (Absent), Technical Director
- Tomas Augustinovic, Senior Game Programmer
- Sven Herrmann, Game Programmer
- Anders Linander, 3D Artist
- Jasser Silvennoinen, 3D Artist
- Johan Bergström, Visual Designer/Texture Artist
- Mikko Jokisalo, Visual Designer/Texture Artist
- Carl Folmer, Visual Designer/Texture Artist
<u>Advisory and "freelancing" members:</u>
- Jonas Samuelsson, Sound Effects, Music Scoring
- Jason Poss, Music Scoring
- Daniel Dahl, 3D Advisor
<a href="http://www.fiercetalon.com">www.fiercetalon.com</a> [Under construction]
Email: <a href="mailto:Samuli@Fiercetalon.com">Samuli[a]Fiercetalon.com</a> (please dont send images/videos, instead send links to them)
Forums: <a href="http://www.fiercetalon.com/forum">Fiercetalon.com/forums</a>
Screenshots (old WIP):
<img src="http://www.fiercetalon.com/image/pics/quentrender_big.jpg" alt="Quentin" />
<img src="http://www.fiercetalon.com/image/pics/quentrenderface_big.jpg" alt="Quentin (face)" />
<img src="http://www.fiercetalon.com/image/pics/office_big.jpg" alt="Office WIP #1" />
WIP Office Scene #1 (in-game)
<img src="http://www.fiercetalon.com/recruit/downloads/screens/1b.jpg" alt="Office WIP #2" />
WIP Office Scene #2 (in-game)
<img src="http://www.fiercetalon.com/recruit/downloads/screens/2b.jpg" alt="Office WIP #3" />
WIP Office Scene #3 (in-game)
Concept Art (old):
<a href="http://www.fiercetalon.com/image/pics/dome_big.jpg">The Dome</a>
<a href="http://www.fiercetalon.com/image/pics/park_big.jpg">The Park</a>
Videos (even more old):
<a href="http://www.fiercetalon.com/files/office.avi">Office Scene Video</a> [14.7mb AVI]
<a href="http://www.fiercetalon.com/files/Royal_-_Dirty_cosmos.mp3">Royal - Dirty Cosmos</a>